Ozone, which is found in nature, kills microorganisms, destroys organics and breaks down chloramines by oxidation. It’s highly effective in reducing and destroying chloramines in the water. In addition, ozone provides micro-flocculation to aid filtration and noticeably improve water clarity. It also destroys biofilm and reduces the amount of chlorine consumption while maintaining Free Available Chlorine (FAC) residual.
Wateco’s Hydroxzone Ozonator can be used in pools with manual or automatic chlorine dosing and also with salt chlorinators. The ozone will contribute to the sanitisation process by reducing the chlorine demand.
What are the benefits of using ozone?
- Destroys bacteria and viruses
- Decreases chlorine demand
- Produces crystal clear water
- Substantially reduces maintenance, time and cost in pools and spas
- Eliminates chlorine odour (chloramines)
- Does not produce harmful byproduces
- An excellent flocculant